Sunday 21 June 2009

Abdullah - Abd Allah?



I had prayed for a son, whom I could name Abdullah and bring up as Abd Allah.. and Allah Almighty granted my prayers... Alhamdolillah..

This incident lets me believe that He might have granted it in full, inshallah. I'd like to record it here.. so that I dont forget..

It was the first entry into the Sa'ee area. The others were busy with their Umrah rites and I was sitting in the Sa'ee area, on the first floor, with Abdullah. It was a hard job keeping him occupied. Just behind the Sa'ee area, are the praying encloves.. from where the Ka'ba is clearly seen.



So Abdullah and I, sitting there... and all of a sudden he lifts his hands above his head in his typical Allahu Akbar manner and says, "A'dullah abhi ata hai, acha? abhi Allah Akbar ata hai"... saying that he'll just be back in a minute, after doing his Allah akbar - by which he usually means doing Sajda. .



And he got up and ran off in his cute Ihram and entered the enclove... went up front as far as he could - I was behind him but did not stop him. He didnt stand around or anything, just got on the mat, and did a perfect sajda, directly infront of the Ka'ba... got up and came back running to me!

Typical mother, I started to cry and hugged him so hard... which he didnt like at all and grumbled at me for :) I regret not having taken a pic of him then, while he was doing it.. but I was too caught up in what he was doing to think of that..

But honestly, that incident makes me feel so good whenever I recall it...

1 comment:

  1. so cute mashaAllah. this is a real blessing of Allah that children love Bait ul Allah so much. wen i performed umrah my 2 years old daughter always insist me to take her to the place from where she can see kabba in her language " Allah mian ka ghar" :)

    ReplyDelete